Wednesday 26 September 2012

A Month in Romania in Photos

Okay, so  I still haven’t finished writing about my month in Romania… but I’ve had a long day and spend look at my photos approximately 10 100 times a day so I thought I’d share them with you (whilst giving me another excuse to look again).

Some of my boys from first camp - Levi, Lala and Marius

The boys in their football kit


Levi suits my glasses :-)

The kids queing up for food at the BBQ - over 150 turned up!

All the volunteers and a few kids at the BBQ

At the zoo with the cutest kids

All the kids and volunteers at the zoo

Enjoying being one of the kids :-)

Painting at one of the playschemes we ran

Round the back of the village where some of the poorest kids live

Me and my favouritist Joska


One of the games the kids play - would not pass health & safety in the UK!


Bela and Dudu traditional Roma dancing (they both had bruises on their legs after this)


Dudu, Pepi and Bela in their hats


Me and Dudu colouring in his folder 


Amazing dance off

Chicken with cornflakes (yes, that's right)


Last meal with the volunteers and helpers from the village :-(


Camp 1 boys balloon game


The volunteers turn at the balloon game :-)

Possibly my favourite pic - all 74 kids plus volunteers

The contrast of the back of the village and town


For more information on the work of the charity Aid for Romanian Children (ARC) visit their website.  

No comments:

Post a Comment