Monday 14 May 2012

My Daily Commute – All the Things that Irritate me


One of the signs of getting older (I may only be 22, but sometimes I feel like I’m 42!) is that everything seems to annoy me. Practically everything on my commute to uni or work irritates me. I think I’ve always been annoyed by these things on some level, but it’s only now that I’m actually dedicating time to have rant about it… is that the definition of getting older?!

People on the train/bus taking up two seats. I’m sure I’ve been guilty of this sometime in the past, but if it’s busy how hard is it to move your bag so someone can sit down?! Unless someone has paid for two seats, one for them and one for their bags and/or feet then fine!

Handing a bus driver a £10/£20 note. Why is it when you give a bus driver a note they look at you like you’re trying to give them drugs?! I’m made to feel guilty every time I give them a note when they always have enough change anyway!

People running for the train when they still have 5 minutes before it sets off! Okay, so this one really shouldn’t annoy me. But as soon as one person starts running, it sets everyone else getting the train to run too. Then when I’m the only person one not running I start to wonder whether I’ve got the time of the train wrong (even though it’s the same time everyday and I know that) so I start to run too. Then I sit on the train with minutes to spare, oh well at least I get a seat for a change.

Pigeons (Nothing to do with public transport but part of my journey which annoys me!). They are the most annoying animals ever! The streets of Leeds City centre seem to be full of them. It’s not the actual pigeon that annoys me, it’s when they start flying off and I think they are coming really close to me. So obviously I duck out of the way, then realize they weren’t coming anywhere near me so I just look like a crazy person ducking!

Rant over… for today anyway!

P.s I’m not an angry person, in fact I’m usually positive about most things but there is something about public transport that makes you mad! I hope someone reading can relate to some of these things… otherwise I sound like I need help!

No comments:

Post a Comment